Login FormLost your password?
To meet this commitment, we will implement management systems in our operations that accord with the requirements of our corporate social responsibility standards and strive to:
– Comply with all applicable laws, regulations and other employment standards, wherever we operate.
– Consult with and respond to the concerns of our stakeholders.
– Behave with honesty and integrity in all our activities and relationships with others and reject bribery and corruption in all its forms.
– The company will ensure all employees and the external community will not be put to risk from health and safety hazards resulting from the company’s actions.
– Respect the rights and dignity of every employee and treat them fairly and without discrimination.
– Encourage team working and the sharing of knowledge throughout the organisation.
– Recognise employees’ individual and team contribution and reward them appropriately.
– Forbid, eliminate and not be complicit in the use of forced or child labour.
Protecting the environment
– The company recognises the need to protect the natural environment by keeping the environment clean and unpolluted and understands this would benefit us all.
– Actions such as disposing toxic and general waste, use of chemical substances etc. will always be governed by best practices to avoid contamination and pollution.
– Stewardship will also play an important role.
– Apart from all actions that are dictated by law, the company will be proactive when it comes to protecting the environment.
– Conserving energy, recycling and incorporating environment friendly technologies are some of the activities to which the company will give serious attention.
– Respect the rights of indigenous peoples in all countries in which we operate.
– Assist in the development of local community programmes where we operate, in consultation with local government, the public and our stakeholders.
– Respect and support internationally recognised human rights standards wherever we operate and seek to ensure non-complicity in human rights abuses.
– Identify, assess and manage human rights risks within our sphere of influence and activities, working firstly to avoid or mitigate them and then seek to remedy any actual or potential impacts.
– Ensure that appropriate mechanisms are in place for those affected by our operations to raise grievances.
– Ensure that contractors and suppliers are aware of, and where necessary, work with them to meet our business principles, policies and standards.
Responsibility for compliance with J&C Joel’s Group CSR policy and standards lies with the Chief Executive, Directors, Managers and their staff.